Saturday, March 3, 2007

Introducing some abortion "exceptions"

Dear friends,

We sometimes hear people say, "I am against abortion except for............."
Today, I would like to introduce you to some of those exceptions.

Danielle Shepherd:
Lapeer County Press/Letters to the Editor
December 25, 2005
God Will Bless Our State
Editor:
Michigan Citizens For Life is not just anti-abortion. It is anti-death. Killing a baby is not a woman's right. Many people wanted my father and mother to abort me because my mom had a tumor when I was only twelve weeks old. They were smart enough not to give in to that idea. Michigan Citizens For Life is trying to do away with death by abortion. I do not think it is appropriate to call them abortions, I just call it child killing.
In your Dec. 7th article 'Citizens For Life Group Pushes Anti-abortion Petition', Warren said, "If this language is approved, abortion would have to be outlawed. We would attempt to stop the petition from getting signatures." What Warren is really saying is that MARAL is pro-death and that a woman has a right to kill a baby. Our state will have an 'F grade' if we keep killing innocent babies. We will have 100% if we pass the amendment. God will bless our state if we do what is right. I'm thankful that my father and mother did not abort me, and why? Well for one thing I would not be writing this right now. For another I'm a 9-year-old that understands what the difference between pro-life and pro-death is. And I praise God for life. "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you that I have set before you life and death. Blessing and cursing, therefore choose life!" Deut. 9:13.

Danielle Shepherd
Lapeer
Amen, Miss Shepherd! I would like to call to my reader's attention something in this article. Danielle said, "Many people wanted my father and mother to abort me because my mom had a tumor when I was only twelve weeks old. " She correctly understands that the preborn baby is fully human from conception, is entitled to the same right to life as postborn people, and that the only difference between pre and post born people is the place of residence. May God bless Danielle as she grows to become the woman God has called her to be! May she use her personal testimony to influence this wicked culture to see the preciousness and value of life!
(Danielle Shepherd lives in Lapeer, MI with her Dad and Mom, and her sister Nicole.)
Rebecca Kiessling: (excerpt from her website)
"We've all heard someone say:"I'm pro-life, well, except in cases of rape . . ."or"I'm pro-choice, especially in cases of rape !"Have you ever considered how really insulting it is to say to someone, "I think your mother should have been able to abort you."? It's like saying, "If I had my way, you'd be dead right now." And that is the reality with which I live every time someone says they are pro-choice or pro-life "except in cases of rape" because I would have been aborted if it had been legal in Michigan when I was an unborn child, and I can tell you that it hurts. But I know that most people don't put a face to this issue -- abortion is just a concept -- with a quick cliche, they sweep it under the rug and forget about it. I do hope that, as a child conceived in rape, I can help to put a face and a voice to this issue.
-- Rebecca
For the rest of Rebecca's story, and for the stories of several other people conceived from rape, please visit her website www.rebeccakiessling.com
(Mrs. Kiessling lives in Michigan with her husband and five children, 2 of which were adopted, and 1 which is yet unborn and is due in August 2007.)
Rob Murphy: (excerpt from his website)
"Tales about being in Africa getting chased through the bush in by a rhino, hilarious stories from the road working for a bungee jumping company and sharing the dramatic and emotional story behind his birth have touched many. The search for his identity after learning that he was conceived by rape pushed him on a journey that led him to the true meaning of life and self worth."
For more, please visit his website www.robmurphy.com
(Mr. Murphy lives in Holland, MI with his wife and 2 daughters.)
We prolife activists must continually put a face on abortion. These are people who have the same unalienable right to life, regardless of the circumstances surrounding their conception, or supposed threat to their mother's health/life. We must continue to stand uncompromisingly for the right to life, and never water down our resolve by allowing exceptions for abortion!
James Niemela