Thursday, March 22, 2007

Elections 2008- Who will stand?

Dear friends,

The 2008 elections are already being discussed, and many names are being bandied about. My question is, "Do we have a candidate running for President who will stand for God's principles in government and for the defence of the innocent preborn without exception?" Many of the candidates who are running claim to be prolife, but upon closer examination they are really pro-abortion with exceptions. No, that was not a mistake. I really did mean to say "pro-abortion with exceptions". The only truly prolife view is that which defends every innocent life from aggression, without exception. America desperately needs Godly men who understand
The American View. Who will champion the Crown Rights of King Jesus over every area of life, and who will stand without apology and without exception for the innocent preborn and their right to be born.
Recently, I called into a national talkshow, where the discussion was on the 2008 Presidential elections, and how some candidates who are running stand on the important moral issues of our times. I made the point that Christians can only vote for a 100% prolife candidate who allows no exceptions for abortion. The guest on the show disagreed with me, stating to the effect that we would never have a perfect candidate unless Jesus Christ ran for office. That the candidates we do have, even though they may not be perfect, are so much better than the opposition. You know, the same old worn-out "lesser of the evils" argument. I am so sick and tired of these well-known people on the "Conservative Right" who preach that we should "vote our values" and put our "faith to action." Then when election time rolls around, they pawn off the latest Republican shill as the "best we have at this time." When there is a principled candidate running, (as in 2004, when Michael Peroutka ran for President, someone Christian prolifers could vote for in good conscience) these same leaders who have spent the previous three years telling us to vote our values won't touch that candidate with a ten foot pole. Enough is enough! I know we will never have a perfect candidate, for all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. I am not looking for a perfect candidate. I am seeking a Christian candidate who desires to obey God, stands for the defenseless, and seeks to restore America to her Christian heritage.
I used to vote as a pragmatist-something I fear many people still do. We need to vote for that which is right! Our God doesn't play the game of chance, and neither should we play it by not voting for a principled Christian candidate because "he doesn't have a chance!" It is needful to make a committment today-before we get caught up in the fear of man and "Boogey-man politics" come election time. We need to commit to never support evil with our vote, not even a little bit of evil, not even when the alternative is much worse. No, we need to do that which is right, and leave the results to God! When I stand in the voting booth before my God, I want to cast my precious vote for someone who stands for His principles and His preborn children. If there is not a candidate who meets this criteria, I believe the proper course is to write in a Godly person, or leave the space blank. Or better yet, research the candidates before the election, and if there is not an acceptable candidate, file to run for office as a write-in candidate. Then let your friends, family, and fellow church members know that they now have an alternative. They do not have to waste their vote on the lesser of the evils. (Oh, and if you live in my district in Michigan, please let me know so I can stump and vote for you!) Will you join me in making the committment to not compromise your principles by voting for a compromised candidate? Will you join me in praying that God will raise up a host of Godly men to raise His Standard in the land? May God bless us as we trust and obey!

James Niemela




James Niemela