Thursday, December 13, 2007

My letter to the editor about Ron Paul

To the editor:


With the January 15th Republican presidential primary in Michigan coming up, I would like to share who I plan to vote for, and some reasons for doing so. Dr. Ron Paul, a Congressman from Texas, and medical doctor who has delivered over 4,000 babies, is a professing Christian who understands that our rights come from our Creator, not the government. He is a strong pro-life candidate, stating on his campaign website, “The right of an innocent, unborn child to life is at the heart of the American ideals of liberty. My professional and legislative record demonstrates my strong commitment to this pro-life principle.” Dr. Paul has sponsored pro-life bills throughout his tenure in office, including the “Sanctity of Life Act of 2007”, H.R.2597, which would define life as existing from conception, and would strip jurisdiction from federal courts to rule on matters pertaining to the right to life. Mr. Paul is also an ardent defender of the 2nd Amendment, American sovereignty, and educational freedom, including the right of parents to home educate their children. I believe we need a president who wants to get back to the basics in government, and who believes we need smaller, local government, rather than the big, bloated federal bureaucracy that we currently have. I believe Dr. Ron Paul is that man. If you would like more information please visit his website at www.ronpaul2008.com, or call his campaign phone number at 1-877-RON-PAUL. I hope you will join me in supporting and voting for Ron Paul for President of these united States.


James Niemela
Pelkie, MI