Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Just say NO to regulating murder!

Recently, it was reported that South Dakota is working on a new ban on the murder of preborn children. Great-but wait. The new “ban” allows for exceptions, and would allow the murder of some preborn children. Should Christian prolifers support this new bill? I say no!

A Christian’s duty is to stand for truth. We must first look at what “abortion” is. Abortion is the murder of an innocent child. Therefore, should we support a bill which upholds the murder of some children? No! We must continually stand and declare that EVERY child has the right to live-regardless of the circumstances of conception, alleged threat to the mothers health/life, or any other excuse which is raised as to why it is OK to kill children.

As the father of 6, I have witnessed the beauty, miracle, and joy of a newborn child. God says, in Psalm 139:13-16, “For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.” When God has so beautifully formed each and every one of us, in His greatness, ought we to relegate these precious lives to political maneuvering and compromise? I say no! As a prolife activist, I have come to see, at least to some extent, the horror of what abortion is, through seeing and using the horrid pictures of dismembered babies to try and awaken our country to the sin which it is allowing to continue. I have heard the heartbreaking testimonies of mothers who have murdered their child. They live with it to this day, even though it has been repented of. I have also seen the hardness of people, men and women, who have fought for many years for the “right” to murder children. Should we be content to only stop some of this carnage? No!

We must fight to end the bloodshed in our land, but it won’t be ended by compromise and pandering. 34 years of compromise and regulation of murder has only been successful in prolonging the day when all children will be loved and protected. It has been said, “Justice too long delayed is justice denied.” Christian prolifers must not get caught up in the snare of merely regulating murder. We must continually stand for the babies, and against any bill or effort which does not seek to protect EVERY PREBORN CHILD, without exception. Only then can we expect God to bless our efforts, for His glory!

James Niemela