Saturday, May 19, 2007

Some (rambling) thoughts on life

Dear reader,

It has been a while since I last wrote. This spring has been a memorable one, with both happy and sad memories. First some good news. My oldest brother and his wife had their 6th child, a little healthy boy. Children are such a blessing! It is so neat to watch as they grow and learn about their surroundings. Our own little John is almost 1 year old, and is digging in everything! Sometimes I wish I could harness that energy. They make solar panels. Do they make "kid panels"? If any of you know of a company that makes them, please let me know. On the other side of the coin, are the sad memories. On April 30, 2007, we laid Grandpa into the bowels of the earth, to wait the summons from on high. Life is short. Grandpa was 78 years old. But even that is just a vapor, like grass in the spring. One minute it is growing and thriving, the next it is snuffed out. May we seek to always journey as the children of God. This life is short, but eternity is forever. Satan goes about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. This is no dress rehearsal- it is for keeps. Do you know Jesus? As the songwriter says, "Are you daily walking by the Saviour's side, are you washed in the Blood of the Lamb"?
If not, today is yet the day of grace. Today He calls you unto himself. Come to Him! Repent of your sins, and trust Jesus solely for your salvation! Today is the day of salvation. Tomorrow may be too late. He says, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
If you do know Jesus, thank Him for His grace! Praise His mighty name for His great salvation! And seek to live according to His Word and His ways. For His yoke is easy, and His burden is light.

James Niemela